Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Life is hard...

but it's even harder when you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Sometimes I wonder if life would be easier if I was stupid.
I know this sounds bad.
Really bad.
And let me clarify (just in case you didn't know, ha!) I am certainly NO genius.
But I'm not stupid either.

I am
very forgetful, and I have a terrible memory,
absent minded and easily distracted,
silly and goofy,
and sometimes things that are "adult subjects" that I think I should be interested in and knowledgeable about (and things I WANT to be interested in and knowledgeable about!) just plain
bore
me.

But I am still not stupid.
I usually can't claim "I didn't know" or "I had NO idea!"
I know there's a lot of things I don't know, and many more things I will never understand.

I didn't do great on my ACT or SAT.
I got good grades in high school because I tried. I did well in nursing school because, well...it was easy...and I enjoyed it.

I have sufficient common sense. Enough to get me by.

This past weekend I had an interaction with a stupid person. It was frustrating! And though it's mean, it's true! I wondered how on earth she (yes, it was a woman) functioned on a day to day basis. Really and truly, I was stunned. Every interaction with her left me disturbed. She was completely, utterly stupid. WOW! And as DH and our friend would agree, she was a cutie. Guess she has that going for her.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

She probably had the boobs going for her too huh? (sigh)

You're a very smart woman Heidi! One of the few I look up to :)

p.s. I have a terrible memory too but for some odd reason, I can still remember some old Patriot dance moves. G-r-e-a-t!