Tuesday, June 30, 2009

oh yeah!

Life is good!

I have a wonderful husband! I have great friends! I have 3 beautiful dogs that I LOVE!
I have a great job. I have a house and a car. I have a 3 day weekend coming up and am excited to celebrate the 4th of July!

My favorite summer holiday!

I ran the Carrabba's Half Marathon Relay on June 20th with some running diva's, Leah, Giselle and Maria. It was a lot of fun but hot, hot, HOT! I was scheduled to run 9 miles so I ran two extra legs and Giselle worked as my coach, it was wonderful! The food was incredible, chicken marsala, penne pasta and salad-all cooked and prepared ONSITE! Impressive! And of course you know that after I re-hydrated I helped myself to a couple of frosty beers. YUM!

Work has been good, busy but good. I'm keeping busy with Team in Training in my free time and of course, working on my tan! DH went to the coast this past weekend for a fishing tournament with some college friends so I was able to relax at the river Saturday and Sunday! Whoop! I also went to an impromptu wedding reception for a couple of crazy friends-Carrie and Rob- who got married at the JP on Friday! It was a BLAST! I love my friends. I missed DH lots though so I'm glad he's home...and I'm glad he caught some fish--it was delicious last night!

My run on Saturday was 11.5 miles and it was GREAT! We started a little later than I would have liked so by the time we were finished it was almost 9, and almost 90!! Crazy! Team in Training introduced interval running (which Alma has been doing, like, FOREVER! She's so ahead of the times, I love her!) I used it a little towards the end when I was getting really hot 4:1...4 running, 1 walking...not too bad) After we finished Alma and I went and sat in the wading pool to soak our legs, it was wonderful! No soreness...sweet! I'm scaling down *this weekend is a taper down week* to 8 miles and utilizing my treadmill (or torture machine) during the week a LOT since it's been SO hot!

Don't forget to visit my Team in Training page to make a donation and help out The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

No comments: