Tuesday, June 16, 2009

inspirational. nah!

It's been a few days since I've blogged.
I've been waiting for something to "come" to me.
Something inspirational, meaningful, throught provoking.

And, I've come up with nothing.

So I'll just write about the last few days.

so sorry, no deep thoughts today.

DH went to help some friends move and go fishing at the coast this past weekend so I flew solo. It wasn't that I didn't want to go, but I had TiNT Team run #2 Saturday morning and I was on call Saturday evening so I wasn't able to go. Boo. But I was excited about our training run.

Alma and I ran 7.5 miles and it was great. I ran really slow (thanks to peer pressure from the night before) but technically you ARE (according to Jeff Galloway) supposed to run your long runs 1-2 minutes SLOWER(!) than your regular training runs. The team was doing 3 miles out and back so I ran that, signed out and headed back out on the course for more. My legs felt really good and it was overcast with a slight breeze! Awesome! The coach caught up with me and ran with me about the last 2.5 miles and we chatted as we ran along. It was really nice. I've really never ran and chatted along the way...I think it really wears you out if you're not used to it! He's super nice and even gave me some positive reinforcement about my running goals. He's a very experienced runner with almost 50 marathons under his belt! Wow! Awesome!

Saturday afternoon I went and hung out at a very COOL spot on the guadalupe river with Alma and her hubby. It was so relaxing and so HOT! And unfortunatly since I was on call starting at 3pm so I only had one cool refreshing beer...

DH got home safety Sunday afternoon and we went and hung out with some friends on the Guadalupe River. They had just gotten a kegerator that morning so we got to try it out! Awesome!

All in all, it was a good weekend. But I'm glad the hubster's home. I missed him!

Also, a big SHOUT OUT to all my very generous friends and co-workers who have made donations to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! I really appreciate all the support!

5 miles tonight! Can't wait!


No comments: