Thursday, April 23, 2009

What defines you?

What defines me?

First and foremost, I am a woman. I am a brave, strong, loving, determined woman.

Other people may not have high expectations of me, but I have high expectations for myself.
-- Shannon Miller

I am a wife.
I love my wonderful husband more and more everyday. I wonder what I ever did to deserve someone like him, he who loves me for who I am, and mostly who I am trying to become. He's seen me at my best, and also at my worst. And he still loves me.

I am a daughter, a daughter-in-law, a sister, a sister-in-law, an aunt, a niece, a cousin.
So many things, to so many different people!

I am a friend.
I am your listening ear, to gossip, chatter, support and nurture. I am here for you when you need me, and even when you don't. Cry together, drink together, shop together...

I am a runner.
People ask why I run. I say, "If you have to ask, you will never understand". It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels.
--Erin Leonard

I am a nurse.
I work hard and care too much. I am proud to be a nurse.

Being a Nurse....
You will never be bored.
You will always be frustrated.
You will be surrounded by challenges...So much to do, and so little time.
You will carry immense responsibility, and very little authority.
You will step into people's lives for a moment and you will make a difference.
Some will bless you. Some will curse you.
You will see people at their worst, and at their best.
You will never cease to be amazed at peoples' capacity
For love, courage, and endurance.
You will see life begin
And you will see life end.
You will experience resounding triumphs
And devastating failures.
You will cry a lot.
You will laugh a lot.
You will know what it is to be human
And to be humane.
-Melodie Phenevert


Are we who we are beacuse of how we define ourselves?
Or are we who we are because of how others define us?

just for fun...check this website out

No comments: