Saturday, April 18, 2009

Out with the old...

Slightly traumatized today.
Got new shoes...new brand...feeling guilty. Is that weird? I can't help it. I am strangely attached to inanimate objects (yes, I should probably see a therapist about this admittance but I WON'T!) and have a strange sense of loyalty to said "things." I'm still the same person that as a child put all my stuffed animals face forward so they could all see and breathe.
What?!
Like I said. I can't help it.
So. Today is a sad but happy day. My New Balance 1224's

have treated me well. They only have about 260 miles on them but because my feet/gait are so funky it looks like I am going to BLOW through shoes. This was my first REAL running shoe! These babies took me through 12 weeks training for Zooma and a great race! We went for many walks with the dogs together. But they are also making my right ankle ache a little(actually a lot but don't tell Mitchell), as I am a super duper over pronater with FLAT, WIDE, BIG feet. So, they deserve to be laid to rest right? ha ha...they will still get lots of love...walking love of course...I'm on to a lighter but still stability(and cheaper!) Mizuno and I'm excited to try it out.
Highlight of the day----woman at running store telling me my legs are well defined and asking what strength training, if any, do I do in addition to running...ahem..well, oops. maybe I should start doing some...


Okay. Now, I need a drink. Heading to booze fridge to sulk/celebrate.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Congrats on the new shoes!

p.s. I do the same thing with all inanimate objects. Toy Story is "real life" for me. :)

Melissa said...

Sweet shoes!
I want a booze fridge!