Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting up early, working late

So apparently I am not so good at this blogging thing. But, you can't be good at everything right? Wrong. I don't like to do things that I'm not good at. DH and the game of 42 know all about that! However I also realize that you can't be good at everything the first time you try it...

I can across this quote, it's my new favorite...
“Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.” Thomas Carlyle

I had a wonderful 10 mile run on Saturday. Only 10 more days until my second half marathon!!! Completely pumped. And also wishing that I had a friend to run the race with...it seems that the post-race party is going to be AWESOME! It's a w omen's racing series called Zooma, and I don't think DH will be too keen on hanging out long with me afterward for the brunch, shopping, wine and massages they say will be available there...maybe I'll convince him to stay home? But then have no one to cheer for me? Eek. Don't know about that. The moral and mental support is very important...

Today only being Tuesday feels like a bad joke. Two days in a row at work we've had tough cases and yesterday I left at 6pm and today at 6:30pm...then my 40 minute drive home. Boo to that. And don't let me kid with you, I go to bed early. I need my beauty sleep. I really don't function well on no sleep, so I refuse to sacrifice that!! I didn't get to run Monday but I did get up today and do 30 minutes on the elliptical. It's just not the same though. I miss being out on the road, with the breeze, hearing my feet on the ground and just letting my mind unfocus, my only worry being about which way I'm going to turn, right or left...

I'm buying a treadmill from my friend at work to use at it heats up this summer. I haven't really done any serious running during the summer but I know one thing, it's HARD!! I've already had a bad experience running after work one day and it was 88 degrees! Miserable! So, I should be getting that next weekend and she's giving me a great deal. Love it. We'll see how that works out. DH is adamantly against it, thinks we have no room for it (it's going in the garage) and thinks I'll hate it. Well, I won't love it, but I love running so any way I can get it, I'll take it.

Well. That's enough for now. I think dinner is ready. One positive of working late, DH cooks! YES! Usually it's better than mine too!

No comments: