Sunday, March 01, 2009

a little R & R

This weekend was one of rest and relaxation at the Lost Pines Hyatt in Bastrop. Courtesy of DH's company and their excellent numbers this past year we got a "retreat" weekend. So, that included dinner Friday night in Bastrop at Baxter's on Main, golf (for him) and spa credit (for me) and dinner Saturday night in downtown Austin at Sullivan's. Needless to say, it was a wonderful weekend. Luckily right now we have a live in dog sitter so with a few items of clothing thrown in a suitcase we were off for our relaxing weekend.
Dinner Friday night was a delicious salad, tilapia, green beans with roasted potatoes and YUMMY pecan creme brulee...to die for! I stayed in for a (somewhat) early night while DH went down to the hotel bar to have some drinks with his co-workers. Yes I opted to stay in...
Saturday morning I got up extra early because it was the day of one of my longest runs in my training program, 10 miles. I had toyed with the idea of running along some of the trails around the resort or the entrance road, but the hotel frowns on that and I honestly was afraid I would get lost, even with my trusty Garmin. That along with the cold front that blew in sent me to the fitness center, ah! the dreaded treadmill. Now, not having a treadmill or a gym membership, I have never done any kind of training run on a treadmill since I've become a "runner". I was a little worried about how it would go and how I would bear 10 miles on a boring! treadmill. Well, let me tell you what! I had an AWESOME run! I set it for hills and was able to do some speed work and really concentrate on my pace and incline. It was incredible! I felt GREAT when I was finished, not my best time ever (10.23 miles in 101 minutes) but I DID IT! And, I was headed to my 9am massage, which was awesome. The Spa Django was beautiful, relaxing and exactly what I needed after my run. I sat in the sauna, the "relaxation" room, took a shower that had 7, yes 7!! shower heads...I could have stayed in there all day. I was so relaxed when I left I went back to the room and crashed for 2 hours! Bliss.
Dinner Saturday night was INCREDIBLE. Crab cakes, shrimp appetizer, 8oz Filet Mignon, (cooked perfectly!) potatoes, mushrooms, spinach and lots of wine with a slice of key lime pie to top it all off. I highly recommend this restaurant. It was 5 stars, classy. (surprised they let me in! ha) We went to a bar down the street after dinner for more drinks and dancing and had a great time. Here's to old friends and new friends! On the drive home we stopped at the in-laws for lunch and visiting/vacation planning. And finally, home where my puppies and I had a happy hairy, slobbery reunion.
Now, it's time to clean the house! (too bad my live in dog sitter doesn't clean, I'm going to have to work on that...)
Relaxing weekend over! :)
It was great while it lasted!

No comments: