Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES!

okay. Now I feel better. But I am serious. I love them! It was about 3 months ago, while on my lunch break sitting in the lounge at work, minding my own business, when I saw my co-worker, Scott, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I said, "Are you eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" To which he replied, "Yes, they're always good." so simple! So I thought to myself, 'you know I haven't had one of those in years, and I'm kinda burned out of these frozen lunches (not to mention sick of wicked ankle swelling due to the HIGH sodium content of these delicious little suckers) so that's what I am going to have tomorrow.'

That's when it all started.
I blame Scott for my peanut butter and jelly sandwich addiction and he doesn't even know it.

Now I usually average 1.2 sandwich per day in a week. How do I do that, do you ask? Well, one every day for lunch (except sundays), and sometimes I have it for breakfast if I have leftovers for the night before for lunch. And sometimes, I get to have this deliciousness twice, yes TWICE (whoo hoo) in a day! Softball and bowling days, there just isn't enough time for dinner to be cooked! But there's always time for a wonderful peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

Plus, you can eat it so many ways! Different breads, different peanut butters, different jams, jellies and spreads! The possibilities are endless!
My personal fav: honey wheat (gotta be super fresh and soft) low-fat crunchy PB, and raspberry jam (with the seeds)! YUM. My mouth is watering.

DH thinks I have a problem. Maybe I do. But I like it.

Here's an AWESOME (my singing voice) clip from my favorite show Family Guy!

Can't wait for April 2, National Peanut Butter and Jelly day.
I may have a party!

No comments: