Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Happy Hump Day

Good afternoon! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Happy Hump Day! This week is flying by for me, I guess because I have so much going on...thank goodness we're on the downhill...oh...and, speaking of hills, I have that monster hill to run tonight...3 times!

We bought our flights to SAN FRAN today! Whoop!
There's something about seeing the flight confirmation email in your inbox. It's so exciting!

And we had our "recommitment party" last night.
It was a pot luck.
Everything was delicious.
I ate too much!
There were chips and dip, salad, baked ziti, curry, brisket...and for dessert...cherry cobbler and HOMEMADE ice cream. (no wonder the scale was reading so high today! ha!) Of course the food and socializing were not the point of the party, it was to turn in our paperwork for the race. Exciting!

I've never been to California so I am really excited to see what all this hype is about.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I read about the Nike Womens Marathon in SF a few years ago. I have wanted to do it ever since. I am so excited that someone I know is actually doing it. I'll be routing for you from afar....and hopefully find myself in SF in a few years ;) Keep up the good work!

TKM

Melissa said...

Yes to San Fran!! So excited for you!

Keep it up Chica!

mp said...

Hey there! I so remember you from TR! Thanks for the shoe tip, I just got new shoes and dang it!, now I need a whole size bigger? I'll try that next time :) Thanks again!

Marie