Thursday, September 17, 2009

You think you have it bad?

It's hard not to get down on life.

Life is hard. Work sucks, not enough money, need a vacation, too tired, can't sleep, gotta clean the house, walk the dogs, pay the bills, check the mail, check my email, get a car wash/oil change, oh, what are we having for dinner? I got a big blister, ow my toe really hurts, I have a headache, my stomach hurts, work is really stressing me out, my family is stressing me out, this last five pounds, SERIOUSLY!?



http://www.goshdawnit.com/2008/03/and-my-life-just-turned-upside-down.html



I had a post already started.

Then I got this link in the weekly Team in Training email. It mentioned that Dawn's boyfriend said one time that Dawn worried she hadn't done anything "meaningful" with her life. Well, I beg to differ. And I can't stop reading this blog. Dawn, is well, WAS my age. WAS. I can't stop thinking about that. In one of the pictures she's wearing a shirt I have. She has a lab. She has practically the same boat we have. I am so humbled right now.

Isn't that funny how life does that to you? It comes and kicks you in the butt, just when you need it.

What Dawn wouldn't do to be able to go to work, to pay the bills, to walk her dog, to ride in her boat. To have dinner with her boyfriend, friends, and family. To not be in pain, and not be sick.

I thank you Dawn, for sharing your story. For touching my heart and reminding me that it's the simple things in life that matter. For making me realize how lucky I am and reminding me not to take this gift of life I have for granted.

No comments: