Wednesday, May 27, 2009

TEAM IN TRAINING!

I think I may have fell off the crazy wagon.
Or perhaps I took over driving the crazy train.

Today I, along with my great friend Alma, signed up for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Fransisco with Team in Training.

Honestly. I was trying to just avoid the meeting because I knew if I went, that I would sign up.
It's for a wonderful! cause, and I am so intertwined with cancer patients on a daily basis that cancer really tugs at my heartstrings. There's just so much we don't know about cancer, why it affects certain people, what treatments are best...I digress...

So I dragged Alma to the meeting. We heard from the marathon manager. Watched a video. Listened to two mentors who started just like we are. The whole time Alma and I nudging each other and silently wondering to ourselves if we can really raise the money that we need to do this thing. The running is not the obstacle it seems at this point. (easy to say as I had just stuffed my belly with a mufelleta and a bag of chips while sitting in the air conditioning, coming off of vacation and NOT running for {gasp} 10 days! yes, and I feel like a complete whale. that's for another blog.)

Point being (I am so unfocused right now! wow!) I am going to need some support. I'll take whatever mental good wishes, emotional encouragement, physical (come run with me!!!!!) and monetary contributions if you are so inclined to support that way. Basically, I'll take your love anyway I can get it!! I am pumped about the training program and happy I won't be training for my first marathon by myself!

I will have a website up and I will be updating it with my training tales...along with my trusty blog, of course.

I am pumped!! WHOOP!

Vacation post to come. I think I got sand in my camera. So I'm working on that.
I was just TOO excited NOT to post about my Team in Training meeting!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Woo-hoo! Good luck my friend! so awesome :)